Advertiser 2
Post By: Neoslinger

Mosley is Not Afraid to fight Pacquiao

MANILA, Philippines – “Sugar” Shane Mosley of the United States said he is ready to take on 7-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, unlike his May 1 opponent, American Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

In an interview with Anthony “Duljoman” Andales of PhilBoxing.com, Mosley reacted to speculations that the Pacquiao-Mayweather bout was cancelled because the American was afraid to suffer his first loss at the hands of the pound-for-pound king.

“I don’t know if he’s a coward or not but what I know for this fight? He was forced to fight me. Aside from Manny, this is the only big money for him out there. If he’s afraid to fight Manny I’m not,” he said.

Mosley went on to say that he is aiming to defeat Mayweather so he could challenge the Filipino boxing sensation.

“Beating him [Mayweather] will put me to where I wanna be placed in my career. That’s why, I’ll beat Floyd, then hopefully Manny will fight me.”

The Americans will slug it out on May 1 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, the venue of the botched Pacquiao-Mayweather bout.

Pacquiao will defend his World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight belt against Ghanaian Joshua Clottey on his supposed fight date with Mayweather, March 13. The clash will take place at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiations crumbled when the fighters’ camps disagreed on the blood testing procedure.

Focused on fight

Mosley, the World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight super champion, added that he thinks Mayweather is fighting him for the money alone.

“Mayweather needs money that’s why he’s forced to fight me. He needs money that’s why he puts a rematch clause on this one.” He stressed that he does not need a rematch clause.

The undefeated American, who is also called “Money,” said the same thing about Mosley.

“I just think that Shane Mosley, he’s desperate, so he has no choice but to fight me. His career’s coming to an end and, before he goes, he wants that last big payday,” he told David Mayo of The Grand Rapids Press.

Meanwhile, Mosley also commented that he does not care if Mayweather talks about his personal matters.

“He can say anything about my divorce, he can think all day about my divorce. I’m cool with that. He can focus about my divorce… When I have an upcoming fight, I’m only thinking about that fight. I don’t care about my opponent's mouth. I’ll deal with them inside the ring. So I don’t care at all.”

“I don’t care about him and I don’t care about his personality. This is business for me, nothing personal. My mind is focused to beat him and fight him again because we have a rematch clause for this one,” he added.

Mosley was earlier chosen by Pacquiao to win over Mayweather. He was one of Team Pacquiao’s choices to be the Filipino’s next opponent after his 2nd round knockout victory over Ricky Hatton last May 2. Pacquiao chose to challenge then WBO welterweight champion, Puerto Rican Miguel Cotto.

Just watch out for more updates and don't miss to Watch Mayweather vs Mosley Fight Online Streaming

Related Posts with Thumbnails